Bob's did move their store, they are in the back of the old store, now. Gregs Pharmacy is in front, BObs in the back
If you want the most bang for your buck, hit up Robbie's Discount in the southern section of BSG..it's on the same road as Big Stone Glass. You can get 5 lb bags of boneless chicken breast for $11...10 lbs of ribs for $8...3 lb Talapia for $6...5 lb bags of precooked chicken wings for $10...you can even buy an entire ribeye for about $35 bucks. (Take it to Bob's and get 20-30 steaks cut out of it, just according how thick you want your steak..lol) He has great buys on everything..not just the meat.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bob's did move their store, they are in the back of the old store, now. Gregs Pharmacy is in front, BObs in the back
Bob's is the only place where I've been able to order raw bones for my dogs.
No one gets meat on bone anymore (minus t-bones) - even Scotty has to order them. But he's the only one that will bother to do it for me.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Iive dealt, on a professional level, with Ingles and Food Lion - trying to work with them so that local farmers could get their product into their stores. All to no avail - very rude and arrogant. I have also dealt with Steve Smith and his produce buyers in Va, and he has gone out of his way to buy and market locally grown produce, Based on that, I will continue to do all my shopping at Food City. May not always save the most, but I know my money is staying in VA and he is actively trying to help local farmers. Today, there is alot of demand for locally grown produce, but Steve Smith was working to help local growers 10+ years ago. Go FC! Thanks for doing the good thing!!!
The Food Lion 30% off sale was supposed to start this past Wednesday. You can't use your value card though. I went there this evening to get some cat food for my cats because I thought I could get a deal. Fancy Feast cat food in the cans had been $.55 now it's $.63. Edy's Ice Cream was $2.99 now it's over $5. Some sale. Maybe by the time they reduce it to 60% off next Wednesday it'll be to about where it was before.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
I went to Food Lion this evening too, thinking I could pick up a couple of things I already needed. Ramen noodles were $0.25 a pack (normally $0.14, $0.15 at walmart and food city). Capri sun was $2.79 for 10 (normally $1.50-$2.00 at food city and walmart). I did notice the astronomical ice cream prices - crazy.
The classic "jack up the prices before a clearance" move used by so many retailers.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I wish we had a FC like Lebanons, its huge - great big deli, big produce section, very large store itself with self-check out too. Owns every other one around here, would only go to Food Lion if I had to, would probably go without if it came to a Payless...my great papaw went there when I was little, hate that place, its awful.
Their closing sale is just like any other store closing sale. They use a company that specializes in closing stores and the first thing they do is to use the suggested retail price of items being sold. Everyone knows that these prices are inflated.![]()
Bookmarks